Saturday, November 26, 2005

Welcome to My Neighborhood!


Hi, welcome to Fun All Around! First, let me start off by thanking all who made comments on my first Illustration Friday post. It really means a lot for me to read such kind words of encouragement, I hope to continue posting stuff that tickles your fancy. OK, who am I, and why Fun All Around? My name is Eric Sturdevant and I'm a freelance illustrator. I started this blog to share my illustration work as well as discuss what influences and inspires me. Of particular interest to me is the work of many children's book illustrators from the 40s-60s, including such artists as: J. P. Miller, Aurelius Battaglia, Abner Graboff, Alice & Martin Provensen, Miroslav Sasek, Mary Blair, Jim Flora, Alain Gree, Aliki, and many others. To view an extensive and growing catalog of images from this period of illustration for children, visit The Retro Kid flickr group. There's a plethora of excellent samples from many a contributor's collection, including my own. Well... I hope you find Fun All Around to be interesting and enjoyable... thanks for dropping by!

The above doodles were done as preliminary sketches for a postcard promo I mailed out recently.
© Eric Sturdevant 2005

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pictures! :)

I'll be back regularly to see what else there is. :)

Owl.

11/26/2005 6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun.

11/26/2005 9:11 PM  
Blogger leifpeng said...

Way to go, Eric! I know you'll be sharing some cool images and interesting thoughts with us out here in blogland - looking forward to your take on this week's I-Fri!

P.S. Pencil sketches good! Love seeing preliminary work - LOVE it!

11/28/2005 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home